iZotope Inc., the experts in intelligent audio technology, has released RX 9, the latest update to the industry-standard tool for audio repair and enhancement, and incorporated it into version 6 of the RX Post Production Suite.
Built on decades of iZotope research, RX 9 tackles emerging audio capture and production issues to restore damaged, noisy audio to pristine condition. The update includes major improvements to some of the most popular RX modules used in audio post production.
Designed specifically for the demanding needs of post production professionals, RX 9 Advanced allows for full control over your audio with even further updates. The new version of Dialogue Isolate makes it easier than ever to extract clean dialogue from its environment, without artifacts, while the new Complex mode in Ambience Match seamlessly connects dialogue and ADR cuts with real background movement and textures—all with multichannel support up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
In both the Standard and Advanced versions, the new Dynamic Mode in De-hum allows users to instantly remove any amount of hum and interference in one pass. View up to 30 undo steps in the new expandable History list, use the new Restore feature to roll back an audio selection to any previous step in your History list, or clean up unwanted sounds directly in Logic® using the new Spectral Editor, built on the ARA plug-in extension.
“For RX 9, we have revisited some of our most important processing tools and made them even better,” said iZotope Principal Product Manager, Mike Rozett. “We wanted to focus on the fact that dialogue is getting noisier and noisier: from location shoots to warehouse sets, to wireless interference on sound stages, to ADR that’s being recorded remotely in cars and closets and kitchens instead of in studios. The industry is facing more and more noise, with less time to fix it. We’re here to help.”
What’s New in RX 9:
- Enhanced separation with Dialogue Isolate [Advanced only]: Using iZotope machine learning, this new version of Dialogue Isolate makes it easier than ever to extract clean dialogue from its environment, without artifacts. Instantly separate speech from crowds, traffic, footsteps, weather, and more.
- Complex Ambience Match [Advanced Only]: Now you can seamlessly connect dialogue and ADR cuts with real background movement and textures with the new Complex mode in Ambience Match. Quickly match ambiences never before possible: ocean, wind, traffic, crowds, and more!
- Dynamic De-hum: Use the new Dynamic Mode in RX 9’s De-Hum to instantly remove any amount of hum, wireless ring, or interference, without artifacts or affecting the audio quality. In one pass, eliminate radio and transmitter interference, camera and generator hum, and more.
- Restore Selection: Roll back an audio selection to any previous step in your History list to get the best combination of audio processing from any point in time.
- Expandable History list: Now view up to 30 steps of undo history for quick reference.
- Spectral Editor: Clean up unwanted sounds directly in Logic® using the new Spectral Editor, built on the ARA plug-in extension. Select noise and remove it without having to toggle between Logic and RX.
First introduced in 2007, RX and the team behind it have been honored with two Engineering Emmy® Awards and an Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Scientific and Engineering Award. Over the years RX has evolved into the most innovative set of audio repair and enhancement tools available, making it the most trusted solution among top post production engineers to quickly and reliably deliver great sound.
“RX 9 is looking and sounding great…I’m blown away. The De-hum Dynamic is masterful!” – Sherry Klein Re-Recording Mixer (New Amsterdam, Queen of the South)
"iZotope RX 9 Ambience Match captures the randomness & complexity of production audio, and generates a fill track that matches better than ever.” – Tom Marks, CAS Re-Recording Mixer (Midway, Breaking In)
“With RX 9's new Dialogue Isolate, what used to be challenging noise reduction is much simpler, and no longer sounds like a compromise.” – John Bowen, Sound Supervisor, ‘P-Valley’ (Starz)
iZotope has also released Post Production Suite 6. Featuring all of the tools you need to fix noisy production audio, bring a story to life, and send final deliverables at the right specifications. This flagship suite includes RX 9 Advanced, Dialogue Match, Insight 2 metering, Symphony 3D and Stratus 3D reverbs by Exponential Audio, and more.
RX 9 Pricing & Availability
RX 9 is available on www.iZotope.com and from select retailers as of October 14, 2021.
- RX 9 Standard: $299 introductory ($399 regular)
- RX 9 Advanced: $799 introductory ($1,199 regular)
- RX Post Production Suite 6: $999 introductory ($1,999 regular)
Existing iZotope customers are eligible for additional loyalty discounts on RX 9 and RX Post Production Suite 6. Details can be found in the user’s account section on iZotope.com.
For more information, visit: iZotope.com