PowerSuite 6 is a significant update to the PowerSuite line, featuring compatibility with MacOS Catalina and support for VST3 format. The signal processing algorithms and user-interface functions are largely unchanged from PowerSuite 5. However, under the hood, the plug-ins have been completely rewritten to use the latest development tools and SDKs. This was necessary to maintain compatibility with MacOS and the latest MacOS DAWs, such as Cubase 10, WaveLab 10, Premiere 2020, and Audition 2020. On these DAWs, the PowerSuite 5 plug-ins do not function – the GUI shows a black window.
PowerSuite 6 includes:
- TrackPlug 6: The ultimate channel strip plug-in, TrackPlug is an all-in-one processor with EQ, spectrum analysis, multi-mode compressors and gate, peak limiter, and more.
- FinalPlug 6 : FinalPlug provides peak limiting and volume maximizing as well as comprehensive dithering options to make this plug-in specially suited for mastering a final mix.
- Panorama 6: With Panorama you can create stunning 3-D effects over conventional stereo headphones and speakers. Features sophisticated HRTF, crosstalk cancelling and room modeling DSP technology.
- MultiDynamics 6: MultiDynamics is a powerful multi-band dynamics processor with an elegant interface.
- MasterVerb 6: Create the perfect ambience with MasterVerb, a flexible, great sounding, and CPU efficient reverb.
Summary of changes:
- MacOS Catalina and Mojave supported. Plug-ins work on latest Mac DAWs such as Cubase 10, WaveLab 10, Premiere 2020, and Audition 2020.
- MacOS installers are properly notarized.
- Adding VST3 support. Power Suite 6 supports VST3, AU, and AAX (native) formats.
- Dropping support for VST2, DX, MAS, RTAS, AAX DSP, and 32-bit builds on Mac OS-X. 32-bit VST3 is supported on Windows. Only 64-bit formats are supported on MacOS.
- AAX formats support Wave Arts licensing. Pace/iLok no longer required for AAX; choose Pace/iLok or Wave Arts licensing for all formats.
- AAX formats no longer have confusing reduced feature configurations needed for AAX DSP.
- Improved Wave Arts licensing, enter serial number directly into plug-in. This works the same as other recent Wave Arts plug-ins, such as Tube Saturator 2 and Convology XT.
- User preset manager to rename, delete, and organize presets.
- TrackPlug implements external sidechain input for all formats. There is no more TrackPlug ExtSC variation.
- New dark theme in menus and dialogs.
- Version numbers on Mac are properly reported in Get Info (plist files set correctly).
For more information, visit: wavearts.com