Focal Press has published Monetizing Entertainment: An Insider's Handbook for Careers in the Entertainment & Music Industry.
This book offers a thorough, guided exploration of the current state of the industry, with an emphasis on trends in copyright, digital streaming, and practical advice for developing a career as an artist, technician, or industry executive.
This book investigates a variety of topics within the entertainment and music industry, ranging from traditional and emerging business models to intellectual property rights to the creative destruction happening currently. The book strategically outlines the existing gaps that make being successful as an artist a dynamic interaction between creativity and business.
This book includes the following:
- An overview of the creative destruction process that has destroyed some of the old business models and created a number of career options.
- A look at innovative, entrepreneurial career options.
- A step-by-step examination for both creative and business professionals of the administrative and financial structures of the industry.
- Detailed analysis of trends and topics shaping the current entertainment and music industry drawn from insiders' perspectives and other contemporary resources.
An accompanying website, hosting case studies, videos, data, infographics, and blog posts on business models, is the perfect companion to this authoritative resource.
For more information, visit:
* Amazon: http://amzn.to/2z7cV9m
* Website: routledge.com