Routledge has published Acoustic and MIDI Orchestration for the Contemporary Composer: A Practical Guide to Writing and Sequencing for the Studio Orchestra, 2nd Edition.
This book provides effective explanations and illustrations to teach you how to integrate traditional approaches to orchestration with the use of the modern sequencing techniques and tools available to today’s composer. By covering both approaches, Pejrolo and DeRosa offer a comprehensive and multifaceted learning experience that will develop your orchestration and sequencing skills and enhance your final productions.
A leading manual on its subject, the second edition allows experienced composers and producers to be exposed to sequencing techniques applied to traditional writing and arranging styles. The book continues to provide a comprehensive and solid learning experience and has been fully revised to include the latest tools and techniques.
The new edition has been updated to include:
- A new chapter on cover writing and sequencing for vocal ensembles
- Coverage of writing for different ensemble sizes
- A new final chapter on writing and production techniques for mixed contemporary ensembles.
- All new techniques, tools, and sound libraries available to today’s composer.
A companion website includes a wide selection of audio examples, templates, sounds, and videos showcasing operational processes, allows you the opportunity to listen to the techniques discussed within the book.
For more information, visit:
* Amazon: http://amzn.to/2vF81T2
* Website: routledge.com