Blue Cat Audio has released new versions of its flagship audio analysis plug-ins. The update includes a new look and feel, many user interface improvements and 64-bit VST format support on the Mac for all plug-ins as well as individual enhancements and new features detailed below.
These audio analysis tools are available as a single bundle (Blue Cat's Analysis Pack) or separately, in VST, RTAS, DirectX or Audio Unit formats for Windows and Mac OS X. The bundle contains a versatile audio level meter, spectrum and stereo field analyzers with 3D viewing capabilities, and a multiple tracks oscilloscope.
While the "Multi" series propose simultaneous analysis of multiple tracks with multiple instances linking support, the "Pro" series can extract parameters from the incoming audio signal and record them as automation curves, or send them as MIDI CC messages. Typical applications are the creation of custom side chaining effects or signal-based external hardware control.
Demo versions are available for download at the Blue Cat Audio website, and the site offers many tutorials to get started with these plugins on various hosts and platforms. The upgrade is free for existing customers.
What's new for all plug-ins:
- 64-bit Mac VST support.
- User interface enhancements:
- New look and feel with improved readability.
- Zooming is now animated.
- Controls can be collapsed to reduce the size of the user interface and focus on the analysis.
- Improved consistency for all user interfaces.
- Drag the rulers to move the curves when zoomed (can keep measurement/selection mode and still drag the curves).
- Default release time for analysis is now shorter.
What's new for the Multi Series plug-ins:
- New parameters synchronization feature: analysis settings can now be pushed from one instance to others to simplify the workflow.
What's new for Blue Cat's Oscilloscope Multi:
- New histogram view.
- New delay compensation feature to compare out of sync waveforms.
What's new for Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro:
- K-10 scale support
- Peformance improvements
To get a 10% discount on Blue Cat's Audio Analysis Plug-ins (and any other Blue Cat Audio products), use this coupon code: DIGIF008
For more information: www.bluecataudio.com