Representing the culmination of more than 10 years of sustained development, FL Studio 8 is now the most flexible virtual music studio in the industry.
Chief Software Architect, Didier Dambrin has realized his vision of creating an open-architecture virtual studio environment where the only constraint on the users is their own imagination. This philosophy is reflected in FL Studio 8’s flexible audio and control data routing, free-form Playlist design and interoperability with industry standards (VST/VSTi/VST2, DXi, DXi2, Buzz, ReWire, MIDI, MP3, WAV, OGG). Didier notes “We don't try to protect our data & come up with new formats only for marketing reasons. We use existing standards as much as possible, and allow FL Studio to be used as a plugin in other hosts”. In version 8, particular emphasis has been given to improved workflow through enhanced interface design, so that ideas can be crystallized and creativity captured.
What is FL8?
FL Studio is a fully featured, open-architecture music creation and production environment for PC. No extra software is required to produce any style of music, as a complete kit of instruments and studio tools is included in the cost of the package. With the included plugins, sounds and tools the user can create complete songs, backing tracks, loops or sizzling beats. Completed songs can be saved to WAV, MP3, OGG, MIDI, ZIP or the native project format (.FLP).
Key new features and changes
First, FL Studio 8 carries forward everything that is included in FL Studio 7 plus many more features:
* FL Synthmaker is a fully modular environment where you can create & share your own FL instruments, effects & dashboards, all without the need to write basic code in a modular 'plug-n-go' workspace.
* One-click-recording using Edison wave editor plugin. Edison ia a fully integrated audio editing and recording tool with spectral analysis, convolution reverb, loop-recording and more.
* Slicex, the powerhouse drumloop slicer & re-arranging tool.
* Soundgoodizer is a 'maximizer-enhancer' plugin based on the Maximus sound-process engine.
* Fruity Limiter for maximizing & compressing final mixes or individual tracks. Free to all users.
* Better integration with controllers. FL Studio can permanently learn and remember links to external controllers with the new ‘multilink’ function + 'Override generic links' option.
* Wave Candy, a flexible audio analysis and visualization tool with Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer and Peak Meter.
* Sinc interpolation now faster (64 point sinc now usable in real-time, depending on CPU)
* Rendering with improved latency compensation
* Score logger, records all MIDI & note activity for instant recall. Everything you play, whether or not recording is active, is captured and ready to be dumped to the Piano roll.
* Directwave Player, broaden your musical palette with downloadable sound banks and multi-sample sets.
* Recording filter, to select Audio, Automation or Note data recording sessions, independently or in any combination.
* Slip editing and resizing tool has been added to the Playlist for all clip types.
* Multi-core safe plugins are threaded for performance gain on multi-core CPUs.
* A 'Selected mixer track' has been added to the Mixer. The selected mixer track is routed there for better integration with visual effects or a recording Edison.
* FL8 supports track-based sequencing in the Playlist. Pattern Clips present sequence data as Audio and/or Automation Clips
* An 'Online Panel', to keep users updated with content and patches.