Cakewalk, developer of the leading music and sound software for Windows, today announces the availability of Project5 Version 2, providing everything you need to create and perform today's music. Project5 Version 2 includes a complete set of superb quality instruments and effects; powerful recording, looping, sequencing, and arranging tools; dynamic creation tools; and is the ultimate open synth host available. Project5 Version 2 has a $429 MSRP U.S., and is scheduled for release on 21 April, 2005.
“Music technology has evolved rapidly, making possible new forms of inspiration and creativity," commented Greg Hendershott, Cakewalk Founder and CEO. “So we took a clean sheet of paper, challenged all the old assumptions, and went to work to create a product that would change how people create and perform music. Our guiding principle for this product is ‘Music.Inspired’. Project5 Version 2 blurs the boundary between studio and stage, allowing you to capture the moment as it happens.”
Project5 Version 2 has been streamlined to put the features you need most — and larger than life sounds — easily in view and right at your fingertips. Project5 delivers the solid real-time performance, stability, and ease of use of traditional hardware music workstations—but, with the additional power, flexibility, and portability of PC software.
Key Enhancements to Project5 Version 2:
* Streamlined user interface
* Dimension™ multimode sampling synthesizer
* Responsive audio engine optimized for real-time use
* GrooveMatrix™ multipad pattern triggering
* Per-track arpeggiator
* Integrated multitrack audio recording and editing
* ReWire host and client
* Open host environment
* Loop reconstruction tools
* Alias Factor™ bit decimator and resonant filter
* PSYN II subtractive synthesizer
* Much more
New UI — Project5 Version 2 sports a streamlined user interface with all views and tools integrated to provide the most intuitive workflow possible.
Dimension™ multi-mode sampling synthesizer for sophisticated, world-class sounds — the firstrgc:audio-engineered plug-in to be included in a Cakewalk product; a robust instrument featuring a versatile engine, graphical modulation section, and internal effects stages. Mix and layer rich tones using up to four voices from quality stereo samples, wave guide synthesis, and analog style synthesis. Includes o ver 3 gigabytes of professional content: an extensive array of acoustic, electric, and electronic instruments, loops, sound effects, and soundscapes.
Optimized Real-time Audio Engine — With Version 2, Project5’s audio engine has been optimized to stand up to the real-time rigors of live performance.
Integrated Multitrack Audio — multitrack audio recording and editing tools have been intelligently incorporated, providing all the tools you need to take projects from inspiration to completion.
GrooveMatrix™ — Allows for real-time triggering of individual MIDI patterns or audio loops, or groups of patterns and loops. This turns Project5 itself into an instrument that lets you compose while you perform, offering a very gratifying experience where you arrange your music spontaneously. Provides live control via MIDI remote control, and you can populate cells with audio clips and MIDI patterns without any disruption to the audio engine.
ReWire host and client — as a ReWire host, Project5 represents the perfect compliment to Reason™ allowing Reason users to extend their studio with audio recording and editing, open support for DXi and VSTi instruments, and ACID™-format loops. As a Rewire client you can extend applications like Pro Tools with Project5’s superior synth host and MIDI sequencing capabilities.
Loop Reconstruction — with possibly the smoothest loop automation integration to date, Project5 version 2 is extended to include per-slice control of effect automation, pitch, pan, and gain; and the ability to export new ACID™ -format loops.
Dynamic Arpeggiator — a performance oriented per-track, real-time arpeggiator that includes hundreds of patterns and classic algorithms.
Alias Factor — this exciting new audio effect combines bit crushing and low pass filtering in a unique way, allowing you to decimate your audio to create tones as varied as vintage samplers, cell phones, or old video games. Decimator effects are nothing new, but Alias Factor generates this effect using a special technique that generates aliasing without the unwanted harsh effects provided by other options, offering sounds that are grainy in a "smooth" and organic way. Alias Factor also allows for further creation of attention grabbing new timbres by linking a low pass resonant filter to the decimator for a new means of freaking your sound.
PSYN II — provides classic analog sounds and evocative new sounds through full-featured subtractive synthesis modeling. New for version 2: drive, delay, and modulation effects settings provide expanded sonic horizons.
Additional enhancements include: track freeze, tap tempo, track inspector view, multi-lane tracks, in-track automation, more.
Plus the key features that defined Project5 Version 1
* Complete pattern sequencing and arranging tools
* Advanced synth layering and keyboard mapping
* Device Chain Presets for quick preset recall of mix, synth, and effect chain settings
* Layer synths, play splits from one controller, route multiple controllers to multiple virtual instruments
* Intuitive hands on control from MIDI keyboards and controllers
* Studio-quality instruments including DS-864™ multi format digital sampler, nPulse™ analog modular drum synthesizer, Velocity™ drum sampler, Cyclone™ DXi groove sampler
* Support for industry standard sample formats
* Pattern and loop-based creation tools that include the P-SEQ™ pattern sequencer, and unsurpassed ACID-compatible loop integration
* Automatable effects: Envelope/LFO Filter, Stereo Delay/Echo, High Frequency Exciter, Classic Phaser, Studio Reverb, Stereo Chorus/Flanger, Stereo 7-band Graphic EQ, Stereo 2-band Parametric EQ and Compressor/Gate
* Open Host Environment with support for VST and DirectX instruments and effects; and industry standard sample formats: ACID WAV, AIF, Akai S5000/6000, LM4, Kurzweil, Ogg Vorbis, Sound Fonts 2, SFZ, WAV
For more information: www.cakewalk.com