leafDrums is a software drum machine for Windows. You can easily put together a drum pattern using sounds from standard .wav or .ogg audio files (a basic set of drum sounds is included). Audio effects like distortion allow you to customise the sounds.
The user interface was designed from scratch to be as simple and clear as possible. Everything you need is directly visible on the two program screens; nothing is hidden in menus or dialogs.
* Use standard .wav files for drum samples and loops - you can easily add your own or download more from the Net.
* Create one-bar patterns and arrange them into a 'song', sequencing multiple patterns at once when needed (so you can create one pattern with just the hi-hats, say, and won't have to duplicate these elsewhere).
* Easily repeat sections of a song without copy and paste using a unique 'arrows and flags' system that works like musical coda.
* Customise drum sounds by altering length, attack, decay, or tuning, and adding audio effects.
* No practical limit on the number of drum sounds or patterns.
* Easily include tempo and time signature changes within a song. (Also supports triplets.)
* Write completed rhythms to a CD-quality .wav file so that they can be used in other programs. Or save them to compressed .ogg format to include on a Web site.
The interface is easy, quick, and pleasant to use. A detailed help file, including a tutorial, is provided. And in case you don't like the program, there's a standard uninstall facility (from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs).
Download at: Leaf Digital leafDrums Drum Machine Software (Windows - Shareware)
Subscribe Free! to the DigiFreq Pro Audio and Music Technology Newsletter