DigiFreq: Home | MusicTechShop | Downloads (Free Music Software) | Videos | Music | Tips | Articles | Newsletter (FREE) | Deals | Gift Shop | Issues | Recommend | News | Reviews | Discuss (Forums) | Contest | RSS Feed
*** Win FREE music recording software and hardware... Click Here! ***
Scott R. Garrigus' DigiFreq
Scott R. Garrigus' DigiFreq - Forums
Home | Profile | Register | New Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

New Topics List
 All Forums
 Recording Forums
 Mixing and Mastering
 Recording audio - Why & How to use Aux buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mcintalker
Platinum Member

USA
6226 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2017 :  11:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit mcintalker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  [Reply to Topic]  | [Reply w/ Quote]
Reverb posted this article and regardless of DAW, the concept is the same.

https://reverb.com/news/why-and-how-to-use-aux-busses-in-your-daw?utm_campaign=1612019_blogaux&utm_medium=FB&utm_source=FB

Michael

Report to Moderator

pc ryder
Bronze Member

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2017 :  6:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good article.

I've been doing that with busses. Especially the drums and vocals. With drums I use the multi output mode and route each piece to the drum bus. Also, I use a bus for parallel compression.

There's an article in Anderton's Big Book about using aux tracks for ducking reverb. Page 96. Lots of good tips in there, also.

Paul
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

mcintalker
Platinum Member

USA
6226 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2017 :  7:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit mcintalker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm plotting new ways of mixing and using multiple buses for parallel compression, so these are going to have to be my new habits. My old ones need to "move on"! LOL

I bought that book at Christmas and haven't even checked it out yet. Thanks for the reminder.

Michael

pc ryder
Bronze Member

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  2:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't use Anderton's book as much as I should, but I do get in it fairly often.

I thought to get it printed out and into a book, but haven't done so yet. That would probably cost more than I paid for it. I have a copy on my pc and one on my tablet so it is available when I need help with Sonar.

Paul
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topics List
All Forums
Recording Forums
Mixing and Mastering
Recording audio - Why & How to use Aux buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Scott R. Garrigus' DigiFreq - Forums © 1999-2017 by Scott R. Garrigus. All Rights Reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
DigiFreq: Home | MusicTechShop | Downloads (Free Music Software) | Videos | Music | Tips | Articles | Newsletter (FREE) | Deals | Gift Shop | Issues | Recommend | News | Reviews | Discuss (Forums) | Contest | RSS Feed

DigiFreq is for informational purposes only. - Disclosure Statement