Blue Cat Audio has released a free update for Blue Cat's PatchWork, its virtual patchbay for plug-ins with built-in effects.
This new version adds drag and drop support to move, duplicate or insert plug-ins anywhere in the plug-ins matrix. It also brings Blue Cat's Axiom's impulse response loader into the built-in EQ plug-in and includes several bug fixes and performance enhancements (full change list below).
The update for V2 users can be downloaded for free from the same location as the original full version (link received by eail upon purchase). For users still on version 1, an upgrade link is available from the same page. For others, a demo version is available on bluecataudio.com as a standalone application and in most plug-in formats for Mac and PC.
What's New in PatchWork V2.3:
- Drag and drop plug-ins between slots.
- Hold the alt key on Mac and Ctrl key on windows to copy (duplicate) a plug-in instead of moving it.
- Drop the plug-in before another to insert it in the chain.
- Drag and drop plug-ins between several instances of PatchWork or across plug-ins (compatible with the latest preview of Late Replies, MB-7 Mixer and Axiom).
- Drag and drop .dll, .vst, .vst3, or .component files directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
- Drag and drop .plgnfo files (previously saved from the software) directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
- Built-in EQ plug-in can now load and manipulate impulse responses (IR).
- Fixed: effect tail not processed anymore when just inserted on a track (avoids using CPU when not necessary).
- Fixed: built-in multitap delay plug-in could get out of sync in some host applications.
- Improved performance of the built-in EQ plug-in.
- Improved performance when saving preset/session with many built-in plug-ins.
To get a 10% discount on Blue Cat Audio products, use coupon: DIGIF008
For more information, visit: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/