BOMG Publishing today announced the release of the fully updated fourth edition of Bobby Owsinski's The Recording Engineer's Handbook, a complete compilation of the best recording techniques currently used today. Along with the rich treasure trove of information from the previous versions of the book, the latest edition also includes new sections on immersive audio recording, electric guitar recording tricks, and DIY microphone and mic preamp kits. Best of all, the information is presented so that musicians, artists, engineers and producers at any level can learn both the basic and advanced skills required to make their recordings shine.
"It's really humbling that so many colleges and universities around the world have adopted The Recording Engineer's Handbook as the main text for their music production programs," said best-selling music author Bobby Owsinski. "It was created to be as thorough a source on the art of recording as possible, and I'm glad that readers have found that to be the case."
Among the many topics covered in the book include:
- An overview of recording elements, including microphones, preamps, compressors and DAWs, and the secret for getting great sounds even from inexpensive gear
- Multiple miking techniques for just about any musical instrument or vocal, including how to choose the right mic for any recording situation
- Prepping and recording drums and percussion, including the keys to a great sounding drum kit
- Basic tracking and overdub advice and strategies, stereo and immersive audio recording techniques, and much more
Part 2 of the book also includes interviews that feature the wisdom and down-to-earth practical advice offered by a host recording professionals, including all-time greats like Al Schmitt, Eddie Kramer, and Ed Cherney. These hit-maker engineers share their expertise and creative processes behind not only today's hits, but the classic cuts we've enjoyed for years.
The Recording Engineer's Handbook, Fourth Edition can be purchased on Amazon, and will also be available at retail book stores and the iTunes book store. Distribution to colleges and universities is through Ingram. A table of contents and book excerpts can be found at bobbyowsinski.com/recording-engineers-handbook, and an Instructors Resource Kit featuring Powerpoint/Keynote presentations, discussion topics and quizzes for a 12 week semester is also available by request.
For more information, visit:
* Amazon: http://amzn.to/2lq74Fq
* Website: bobbyowsinski.com