|Cakewalk Announces Free SONAR X1B Update for SONAR X1 Producer, Studio, and Essential Customers
Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, announces a free update for SONAR X1 Producer, Studio, and Essential. All registered SONAR X1 customers can download the free SONAR X1B update at the Cakewalk website.
In the interest of always striving to improve customer experience the SONAR X1B update includes enhancements and new features, as well as important issue resolutions, making SONAR X1 operation more stable and smooth. In addition to the application itself, the SONAR X1B update includes new V-Studio compatibility in the form of new control surface plug-ins for the V-Studio 700 and V-Studio 20 systems.
It is our active dialog with our users that has helped make SONAR the World class product that it is today. Cakewalk's delivery of timely product updates is an extension of Cakewalk's commitment in providing the very best in product support for our customers.
Enhancements and Features
Some of the new enhancements and features in X1B include:
EQ and ProChannel for Surround Busses
In SONAR X1b it is now possible to apply the ProChannel (Producer only) and the Sonitus:fx EQ (Studio only) to Surround Busses. This addresses a number of issues, including potential crash issues with Sonitus:fx EQ being moved to the FX bin when loading a project saved in SONAR 8.5.
* It is not possible to access the Surround Bridge UI for the Sonitus:fx EQ or ProChannel when used on Surround Busses. This means that un-linking channels and other Surround Bridge options are not available.
* Sidechaining is not possible with the surround-bridged ProChannel compressors (Producer only)
Auto-Enable for ProChannel Modules (Producer only)
ProChannel modules will now auto-enable when used for the first time. Please note the following:
* The first time a control is touched or moved within a given module, it will turn the respective module ON
* Any subsequent changes to any control in the same module (other than the enable/disable command) will not enable or disable the module
* This command is persisted per-module, per track and per project - once a specific module has auto-enabled once, it will not auto-enable a second time
ProChannel Freezes with Track (Producer only)
When freezing a track the ProChannel will now freeze as well. In order to reflect this, the ProChannel will become grayed-out. When the track is un-frozen the ProChannel will be re-enabled.
V-Vocal has been updated with SONAR X1b, issues addressed include:
* Fixed a potential crash that could occur when changing time durations of a V-Vocal clip
* Fixed a potential crash that could occur when removing a V-Vocal clip
* Fixed a potential crash that could occur when adjusting a V-Vocal clip
* Addressed an error with looping V-Vocal clips
* Included several general stability improvements when working with V-Vocal
Console Layout Updates
SONAR X1b includes updates and improvements for the Console Strips including:
* Removed drop arrows and overlay icons from controls in Narrow Strips, allowing additional characters to be displayed
* Adjusted labels and label positions on various controls
* Removed ellipsis from FX bin to allow seeing as much of the FX name as possible
* An editable EQ plot has been added to narrow strips for ProChannel (Producer only)
* Track name and number have been moved to separate rows allowing for longer track names to be displayed
Console Selection Enhancements and Re-ordering
* It is now possible to select non-adjacent tracks in the Console View. To do this hold SHIFT or CTRL while clicking on a track strip's Track Number field
* It is also now possible to re-order tracks. Hold ALT while dragging a track to change its position. This gesture is available from any open part of a track strip
* A "Loop Preview" toggle has been added to the Media menu of the Browser. When enabled, SONAR will preview clips the same as with X1a. When disabled, SONAR will always preview a clip starting from the beginning and will play through a single time, ideal for one-shots
* It is now possible to view, preview, and add FLAC files to a project from within the Browser
* The hit-zone for docking has been limited to the top section of the MultiDock, limiting the chance for unintentional docking
* When the MultiDock is floating, pressing D will now minimize the MultiDock as opposed to re-docking it
ASIO Dynamic Sample Rate Improvements
Improvements have been made to the way SONAR handles dynamic sample rate changes with ASIO devices. If an ASIO driver supports changing its sample rate dynamically, it will be possible to load SONAR projects at different sample rates. SONAR will automatically switch the device sample rate when playback is started without requiring a restart of the application.
Keybindings and Hot Keys
* CTRL + SHIFT + F12 has been added as the default control to toggle Snap modes between Move-To and Move-By
* It is now possible to bind a key to Snap to Measure
A comprehensive list of what is included in the SONAR X1B update can be found at: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/2007013233.
The SONAR X1B Update for SONAR X1 Producer, Studio, and Essential, in all supported languages and operating systems is available as a free download to registered customers at www.cakewalk.com.
|Sign up Free! to the DigiFreq Pro Audio and Music Technology Newsletter|