IK Multimedia is proud to announce that SampleTron, the second virtual instrument to be released from the Sonik Instruments’ range, is now shipping! Done in cooperation with Sonic Reality, SampleTron is a virtual instrument workstation featuring the most complete collection of authentic “Tron” and other vintage keyboards instrument samples ever released in one product. These were ingenious instruments; precursors of today’s samplers that used tapes to play back prerecorded sounds from the touch of the keys.
SampleTron include a massive library of 17 rare “Tron” instrument sounds, together with a “Powered by SampleTank” engine, offering extremely powerful editing features in an easy-touse, sample-based virtual instrument plug-in for every popular DAW and also as a standalone application for MAC and PC.
SampleTron includes the most complete “Tron” anthology ever released in one virtual instrument, with over 2 GB of sounds, 640 presets and 260 multi-samples from 17 rare and vintage Mellotrons®, Chamberlins™, and their derivatives like the Optigan™, Rhythmaster™ and much more. SampleTron’s diverse library was meticulously sampled by Sonic Reality and assembled to showcase the entire sonic palette, with chromatic samples that accurately capture the complete authentic tone of each instrument. Jam-packed with unprecedented instruments originally used by The Beatles, Moody Blues, Genesis, Yes and other famous bands from the 60’s and 70’s, the sounds in SampleTron are diverse, powerful and inspiring! SampleTron offers some of the most unique and musically useful tones present on the market; special “Tron” sounds that transcended into all styles and genres of music over the years – now widely used by modern artists like Kanye West, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and Beck.
SampleTron has the most complete and useful library of “Tron” instruments’ samples in one package, constructed of sounds based on the following instruments:
• Mellotron® M400
• Mellotron® MK5
• Mellotron® MKII
• Mellotron® Powerhouse (8 Track Rhythm Machine)
• Vako Orchestron®
• Chamberlin™ Music Master 600
• Chamberlin™ Music Master 400
• Chamberlin™ Model 200
• Chamberlin™ M1
• Chamberlin™ M4
• Chamberlin™ Rhythmate™
• 360 Systems® “Digital Tron”
• Roland® VP-330 (Choir)
No other product gives you the ability to manipulate, process and stretch such gritty, emotional and quirky Lo-Fi sounds like SampleTron. In addition to providing a fully produced unique instrument library, SampleTron not only highlights the classic vintage sound of these unique instruments, but also goes far beyond by combining it with the modern technology and sound shaping controls of the SampleTank engine. SampleTron offers powerful creativity with 32 built-in effects, the ability to use 4 effects per part, IK’s exclusive STRETCH™ and synth algorithms, and 4 “Tron” specific controls for fast and flexible creativity. Transport exceptional vintage sounds into your studio with must-have virtual instrument control options, such as special “loop” and “non-loop” modes for greater flexibility and authenticity, over 50 synth controls to tweak, one-click sound browsing, real-time harmonic manipulation of the waves and fast loading samples for studio or playing live.
• 16 part multi-timbral sample-based synth, allows extremely complex synth layering and advanced manipulation possibilities
• 3 synth engines can be switched on the fly: traditional Resampling, Pitch-Shift/Time- Stretch, and IK’s newly enhanced STRETCH™ engine
• Built-in multi-effects with 4 effects per part selectable on 32 high-quality DSP effects
• Over 50 synth controls with Mono/Poly/Legato modes with selectable Legato, 2 LFOs, 2 Envelopes, syncable LBF/BPF/HPF Filters, Velocity, Range and Macro controls
• Sounds can be read by SampleTank and can be used to expand its world of sounds
• Works as a standalone application as well as a plug-in in Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista)