Subscribe Free! to the DigiFreq Pro Audio and Music Technology Newsletter
DreamSpring Entertainment Inc. launches its new DVD line. The first of its kind, the series is a dynamic selection of "how-to" titles in which highly accomplished professionals and leaders in the fields of music, television, film, radio and fashion reveal their secrets, strategies and tactics for breaking into -- and staying in -- their respective industries. DreamSpring debuts its instructional line with the eight-disc Hip-Hop Series (product details below). The company will offer more than 40 titles by year's end.
DreamSpring's how-to series is the brainchild of acclaimed screenwriter Michael Elliot, whose credits include the feature films "Brown Sugar" and "Like Mike." Elliot also made a splash as screenwriter and executive producer of "MTV's Hip-Hopera: Carmen" (2001), which starred Beyonce Knowles, Mekhi Phifer and Mos Def.
"What prevents most people from making their dreams come true is not a lack of desire, passion or commitment," Elliot says, "it's simply not knowing how to make their dreams come true, not knowing where to begin or how to break in. DreamSpring is going to change that."
DreamSpring's Hip-Hop Series, comprised of the DVDs listed below, will be available for purchase online at the company's website, www.DreamSpringEntertainment.com.
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Getting a Record Deal," featuring insider perspectives from Jeff Sledge (Senior Director/A&R, Jive Records), Riggs Morales (Senior Director/A&R, Shady Records), D-Prosper (A&R Director, G-Unit Records) and more.
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Being a Successful Music Producer," with mega-producers Rockwilder, Ron Browz, Needlz and Just Blaze.
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Being a Successful Manager," with Blue Williams (manager of Outkast), Mona Scott (Co-President of Violator Management, which oversees the careers of Missy Elliott, Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent and more) and Zach Katz (manager of rap producers Hi-Tek, Denaun Porter and J.R. Rotem).
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Being a Working DJ," with three of the industry's top earners, DJ Kay Slay, DJ Scratch and DJ Kid Capri.
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Being a Successful Music Video Director," featuring six of hip-hop's hottest music video helmers, Benny Boom, Fat Cats, Erik White, Jeff Byrd and Jesse Terrero.
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Careers in the Urban Music Industry," with Biff Warren (VP/Publicity, Sony Urban), Azim Rashid (VP/Special Ops, Warner Music Group), Carolyn Williams (VP/Urban Marketing, J Records), and KP Prather (Exec VP/A&R, Sony Urban).
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Careers in the Urban Fashion Industry," featuring Dao-Yi Chow (Creative Director, Sean John), Kim Snow (Director of Product Placement, Ecko), George Labossiere (Product Marketing Manager, RBK Reebok), and Tony Shellman (Co-Founder, Enyce).
* "DreamSpring Secrets to Being a Successful Screenwriter," with Michael Elliot himself, along with screenwriters Alonzo Brown ("Honey") and Takashi Bufford ("Set It Off").
DreamSpring's DVDs are $79.95 each, and can be purchased online exclusively at www.DreamSpringEntertainment.com. Average DVD running time is 120 minutes.
For more information: www.DreamSpringEntertainment.com